Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Never Grow Up


I almost didn't take this picture.  I really didn't want to wake him up.  But then I thought... when will I ever think to take a picture of my sleeping 6 year old boy again? 

So, I took the picture, and-- it didn't wake him up.  Now when he gets bigger, he can look back and see himself sleeping all snuggled with his buddies in his cutesie pajamas. 

And I can look at the picture and remember what made me want to take it.

Your little hand's wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you everything's funny, you got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that

Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up

~Taylor Swift







1 comment: