Here's my checklist of things to get done before my life is consumed of round the clock feedings and sleep deprivation:
1. Clean the refrigerator. I don't do this often enough so I figure now is as good as time as ever.
2. Paint my toenails. I cannot be staring at chipped polish and unsightly feet during labor.
2a. Figure out a way to reach my toenails.
3. Put the crib together. Yes, with just over four weeks to go, we still need to put the crib together!
4. Get a haircut and color. This one is obvious.
5. Finish my pregnancy scrapbook. This will probably take a whole 15 minutes to finish, but I have yet to sit down to do it.
6. Say my affirmations. After, having labor induced with Grant 11 days late, I am hoping to go into labor naturally this time. "I go into labor naturally and effortlessly." Repeat Repeat Repeat.
7. Prepare frozen meals. Although, I don't know where I would put them. See number 8.
8. Clean out freezer. How many boxes of Eggo's do we really need anyways?
9. Write my birth plan. Am I the only one who is NOT totally obsessed with my birth experience? Healthy Baby, Healthy Mommy.... sounds perfect to me.
10. Get a massage. Danny got me a prenatal massage/pampering session for our anniversary (only 7 months ago!). I think I'm finally ready for it.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
I can't believe it. I'm 8 months prego and I am still wearing my wedding rings AND my regular size shoes. Okay, so yes, my ring is getting tighter as well as my shoes. But with Grant, I had already purchased a $5 cubic zirconia ring at 6 months just so people wouldn't think I was an unwed mother (not that there's anything wrong with that). And to top that off, I actually had to call in sick to work one day because I couldn't get any of my shoes on.
Of course, this time I'm not working 10 hour days... on my feet... in a lab... where I'm not able to drink water at will.
I'm actually feeling great. However, with just six weeks to go we still have lots to do to prepare like put the crib together, get organized and, oh yeah, I guess we may need to buy some diapers.
The pic above was actually taken a few weeks ago. I had Grant's four year pictures taken as well as some maternity shots by a wonderful photographer
Knowing this could be my last pregnancy, I wanted to capture it in all of its "beauty" (for the lack of better words) in a professional sort of way.
And now, so few days to go and yet so many. Let the countdown begin.