Monday, November 7, 2011

Catching up

Ok.  It has been way too long since posting.  I love this blog.  It's not so much about who reads it.  It more so for me.  Time passes so quickly.  I find that when I write about an event or record the kids' latest developments, then I remember it much more vividly.  So here's what we've been up to over the past month... or so.

On fall break, Danny and I took the boys to Chattanooga for a quick getaway. We drove up on Friday and then spent a few hours at the aquarium. We took Grant when he was nearly the same age as Drew. Needles to say it was sweet to do some of the same things we did 4 years ago with our now complete family.


 See the fear in Drew's eyes in this picture.  That shark came out of nowhere and headed straight toward us.  Drew was scared and Grant was so terrified he started crying. 

 After calming down, they were able to take a closer look.

I got this same picture of Grant when he was two.  And, I love it.  Danny wonders how I remember stuff like that.  And it's quite simple... because I either blogged it or scrap booked it.


The next day we went to the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum for a look at the train yard and then a ride on the train.

As you can see in this pic, Grant wasn't into the trains so much this time around. He has his moments here lately.  He's either super excited about something or he turns into a whiny two year old if he doesn't get his way.  Hmmm, I wonder where he gets that from?  As it turns out, just as Drew copies everything Grant does, it also works the other way around.


Sheer joy


 I know.  Too many pictures and not enough words.  Hopefully, I'll have a sappy, meaningful post coming very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment