Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Bunnies in the Backyard





I've suspected for about a year now that there's a furry little creature who keeps our monkey grass nibble down to nubs. Well, I finally found the real life evidence. I was swinging Grant in the back yard when I notice a big patch of fur in the thick grass. I pushed some of the fur back with my foot expecting to see a deep hole. Instead, I found a shallow nest and several sets of eyes looking back at me. Suddenly, three teeny tiny baby rabbits jumped out and hopped for their lives. They jetted over to the side yard and I (not wanting to disturb then anymore than I already had) decided to leave them alone (after a few pictures of course).

The "Mama" in me just prayed they'd find their way back to their mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment