Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 26

Drew woke me up in the middle of the night last night. I grab my glasses in my groggy state so I could see what time it was. Thoughts run through my mind--- When did he eat last? Is it time for him to nurse again? As I come to consciousness, I notice it's 4:06am. I'm still trying to figure out my plan of action, when suddenly I realize this was the first time he had woken me up all night.

I climb out of bed, but I don't hear anything. I wait. I still don't hear anything. I realize he didn't wake me up at all. My bladder did.

I use the bathroom and rush back to bed. I wonder how many minutes I will lay here before he's up. I drift off to sleep.

The next thing I know, I hear him "oooohing" and "aaaahing" in his bed. It was 6:15am.

And that was the first night Drew slept through the night.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Hopefully this a permanent pattern, it's nice to get to sleep all night again!

    Amy Davis

    ReplyDelete