Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 29

I am not one those moms who just adores breastfeeding. Some women love the bonding experience. Others love the ease. But, you bond with your baby whatever way you feed him. And in the beginning, it is ANYTHING but easy.


But, this time around I kept at it. And it did get easier as the days went on. When I noticed Drew's rolls start to get a little bit bigger, I began to be proud of what I had accomplished-- Not only did I give birth to him, but I was keeping him alive. I told myself I would keep at it as long as it was easier than preparing formula and bottles. And it was.

That was until last week. To make a long story short, for reasons beyond my control, my production greatly decreased. Now, I know there are ways to increase production, but that would be more difficult than preparing bottles and formula.

So my nursing days are soon to be over. But to be honest, I can't believe I've single handily kept my BIG guy alive for this long.

At least now I have some helpers.


No comments:

Post a Comment