How can Drew be one year old already?
Time has flown by, but he's definitely accomplished so much over his first year of life. Here's a quick recap:
1. Sleeping through the night. Not sleeping through the night. Sleeping through the night. Then not sleeping through the night again. Let's hope tonight.... sleeping through the night.
2. Saying mama for anything and everything he wants.
3. Gaining 18 pounds. Some one year olds are just now getting into their twenty pound range. He had that milestone covered at 6 months. And that brings me to #4....
4. He weighs a mere 10 pounds less than his 5 year old brother. Yes, your read that right. He weighs a mere 10 pounds less than his 5 year old brother.
5. Crawling at nearly 11 months. He was content for the longest time to sit back and watch Grant bounce around the house or scoot around on his belly.
6. Six ear infections, serum sickness, and one stomach bug. As bad as this sounds, it was not nearly as bad as the illnessess we went through with Grant.
7. Saying Dada. He began uttering the syllables just this week making his Dad so proud.
8. Wearing 2T clothing. He's pretty much stayed a good 6 to 12 months ahead at a time in the clothing department.
9. A move to a new house, a motorhome ride to Sunnyside Beach, and an airplane trip to Tampa. Not bad.
10. Suddenly, he seems to understand everything we are saying to him. It's the coolest thing to see his eyes light up as we talk to him. Tonight, Danny asked him if he wanted to go take his bath. On hand and foot he sprinted to the bathroom.
Happy Birthday Drew Bear. We love you.