Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Day in the Life


We made a last minute decision today to join some of our friends from the MOMS club for strawberry picking at a small farm in Lebanon. It turned out to be a glorious day. We were only there for about an hour, but I stopped for a moment to be thankful I have time to enjoy simple things like this with Grant. If I was still working full time, I most likely would have never experienced this first with Grant and he would have never gotten to squish a fresh strawberry in his hand.

We stopped by McDonald's for lunch. He climbed farther than he had ever climbed in playground. He might have made it all the way to the top and down the slide if it wasn't for his occasional accidental bodily functions. Here's a pic of Grant just seconds before he pooped his pants!!!


He had a nap. When he woke up, we had snack and then it was craft time. We made Dough with flour, salt and water. I wanted to make some cool items to bake and then paint. Grant just had fun squishing the dough, making shapes and making a mess. I managed to salvage a few of the shapes. We'll see how they turn out after they dry.


And to top it off- we went to the big park and then to Sir Pizza for dinner (I had a salad at McKy D's so I splurged on pizza while Danny had a late night at work.)

And in between all of this I did three loads of laundry, worked out, and cleaned the shower. I absolutely love my job and am so thankful for my wonderful husband who enables me to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment