Sunday, September 7, 2008

Introducing Baby Sawyer #2


Okay, so maybe I'm jumping the gun a little early with the baby announcement. But I thought it would be cool to post the baby's first picture.

We were amazed at all of the detail you can already see at 12 weeks. The head is disproportionally large at this point, but you can already see the nose, mouth, and legs. At our first ultra-sound with Grant, he just looked like a peanut.

Grant went with us to the appointment. However, we didn't tell him what is was about. We're waiting until it is more obvious to tell him that there is a baby inside of mommy. I can just hear the questions now... "Why is there a baby in your belly?" "How did it get there?" "How does the baby get out?" "When does the baby go back to the hospital?" I need more time to come up with the appropriate answers.

Seeing the baby kick and squirm made it a reality to Danny and I... there is an actual baby... growing...and living.... inside of me!

Ultra screen tests and checks were all okay for which we are very grateful. We'll be having a fetal echocardiogram at 28 weeks to look for any heart defects. We have a 1% increase chance in having another child with Tetralogy of Fallot. It seems so small, but deep down it is very scary. I am praying everyday for a healthy baby, and I have faith that God will answer our prayers.