Sunday, March 15, 2009

Goodbye, Hello

With the realization of a new baby entering our lives any day now, I've come to the conclusion my life will be changing in many different ways:

Goodbye sleeping in until 7:00am. I will miss you so. Hello to waking at 12:00am and 1:00am and 3:00am, and then up for good at 5:00am. Oh. Dear.

Goodbye water and milk. Say hello to your long lost friends coffee, coke zero, and Cabernet.

Goodbye my 6 pillows. You've allowed me many months of decent side sleeping rest. Hello my lovely flat pillow and sleeping on my stomach. (that is, whenever I get a chance to sleep) See above.

Goodbye my swollen feet. Hello to some new strappy wedges for the summer.

Goodbye pinched nerve in my right hip. I will NOT miss you randomly making me buckle my knees in pain. Hello to being able to walk at a 4.0 pace on the treadmill. Whooo hoo!

Goodbye puffy eyes and pregnant face. Do I need to say anything else to this one?

Goodbye to the ease of taking care of one child. Hello to figuring out "how am I going to get Grant to school on time with a newborn in tow?" and "how am I supposed to take a rambunctious 4 year old to the swimming pool as well as a helpless infant?" Clearly, I've got a lot to figure out.

So, my due date is Friday. Just 4 more days. And I don't really feel any closer than I did two or three weeks ago. At this point, it feels like I'm going to be pregnant forever. But, I am determined to enjoy these last few days (or weeks!) of one on one time with Grant and sleeping in.

And eventually, one day soon I will get to say.........

Goodbye basketball belly. Hello to my sweet baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment