Saturday, April 3, 2010

The vacation that almost never was

A few days before Danny left for San Francisco we were contemplating cancelling our weekend getaway to Napa Valley.  Maybe it was him not wanting to leave his boys for a few added days or not wanting to leave his very new sod unattended.   Or maybe it was me.  I was feeling quite anxious.  Not about leaving the boys for a couple of days, but about all the things I had to get done before I got on the plane.... appointments, errands, laundry, clean, and pack all by myself. 

Well, in the end, we decided to go for it.  And a rough couple of days led to one wonderful, much needed vacation. 

Schedules, chores, and rain were exchanged for leisure, good wine, and the warm California sunshine.  Our itinerary each day was pretty much deciding what wineries we wanted to visit and what resuraunt we should try for dinner. 

Anxiety gone.



No comments:

Post a Comment