Monday, March 28, 2011

Sick. Sick. And More Sick.

Over the past several weeks most of us at House of Sawyer have been sick.  Grant had strep throat.  I took him the doctor.  The next week, he had his cardiology check up. So, back to the doctor.  A few days after that and just before my birthday, I got really sick with what may have quite possibly been the flu.  The washing machine broke.  Then Grant's strep re-occurred. 

So, on my birthday, I find myself feeling awful and back in the doctor's office with Grant.  Days later and still feeling awful, I cancelled my birthday shin dig at Maggiano's.  Finally, a few days after that, we were able to celebrate with pizza and an ice cream cake with the fam.

But no, it doesn't end there.  The next day, Drew woke up with pink eye.  Back to the doctor we go.  The washing machine?  Still broke.

Finally, we got the part for the washing machine and my wonderful, handy dad fixed it.  THANKS DAD!!!!

But it still doesn't end there...  Drew got a stomach bug.  Spring break came.  Grant had his 6 year well check up. 

Ok.  It finally ends there.  Wheeeesh!  I must say I could not have made it through the last several weeks without Danny.  He took care of the kids when I couldn't.  He took laundry to wash when there was no other way it was going to get done.  He cooked dinner. He cleaned house.  He picked up medicine.  He took a sick day from work to take care of us and he wasn't even sick!  Thanks baby.  You're the best!!!!

I almost didn't write this post.  Honestly, I didn't really want to document the past several weeks.  But, then I thought... this same time next year, I'll probably start griping about how old I will be turning.  Note to self:  Don't worry about it.  Be thankful for your health, your beautiful family and their health, and be thankful for another year of life.




1 comment:

  1. I feel for ya, girl. It's been a rough patch since Christmas here, too. So sorry to hear it dampened your birthday celebration. That last picture made me homesick for the Nashville Zoo!

    ReplyDelete