Monday, August 13, 2012

Lucky 13


Danny doesn't get much attention at all around here. Especially here on the blog.  
I'll be honest. I go through the motions of our daily routine and I often take him for granted. Not today.  



Tomorrow we will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary.  Thirteen years married.  Eighteen years together.  Let me do a little math for you.  That means we've been together for just over half our lives.

Whoa.



Seems kind of crazy to think about.  To me, it's even crazier to think about it any other way.

We just go together perfectly. His strengths are my weaknesses. He knows what I'm thinking before I even say it (okay, still working on that one). He loves me unconditionally. He has never broken my heart.  He has never let me down. He goes to work everyday to provide for his family.  He never once complains.  He's an incredible father to our boys.  He's a hands on dad who doesn't think a second thought of cleaning up the kitchen, giving the boys a bath, and putting them to bed even after a 10 hour day at the office.   He still tells me all the time how awesome I am or how pretty I look or what a good mom I am or how lucky he is to have me.  I know.  Go ahead and roll your eyes, but he does.  All. The. Time.

After 13 years of marriage, it hasn't all been perfect.  But, pretty darn close.



I write this because I know I don't tell him enough how much I love him.
I write this because I know I don't tell him enough how much I appreciate him.
I write this because I know I don't tell him enough how lucky I am to have him.

Daniel, 
I love you.
I appreciate you.
I'm so lucky to have you.  

Eighteen years ago we were Juniors in high school.  I thought I loved him then.

Truth is, I did.  But now, after all of these years, I love him so much more.

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary! Thirteen years is a big deal. Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete