Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 11

I must confess. I've been in denial.

So, I'm just going to come out and say it. And as I type this maybe reality will hit.

We --are --moving. There I said it.

No, we're not moving to Europe or to another state or even another zip code. We're just moving to a bigger house in a different neighborhood.

As much as I love this house and our neighborhood it only feels like a temporary home. It is not the house where our boys will go off to their first day of kindergarten and someday too soon, high school. It is not the house where Drew will speak his first word and Grant will read his first book. It is not the house where we will create timeless Christmas traditions. It is not the house where the boys will enjoy sleepovers with their friends or where they will get the keys to their first car. It is not the house where Danny and I will celebrate our fifteen or twenty year anniversary.

And as much as I don't look forward to cleaning, packing, and moving with two small children, we've found an amazing house that is waiting to be filled with these beautiful memories.

It already feels like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment